Sunday, July 15, 2012

Making Lady Bugs and Painting

Today Charlotte used finger paints and paint brushes for the first time and had a blast. We also made lady bugs out of toilet paper rolls. She loved it!

First gather your supplies. The yogurt cup was for the paint.

I cut two circles out of red construction paper. 1 for me and 1 for Charlotte.


Then I cut the circles in 1/2 and cut out little dots, 
but not too small for little hands. I glued the dots on the red wings.


Then I got ready to paint the toilet paper roll. I painted it red 
because we don't have any black paint.

My red TP roll......I had to wait for it to dry before the other parts could be added.

We don't have any pipe cleaners, so I cut antenna out of the black construction paper.

Once the paint was dry, I glued the wings onto the TP roll.

Added some googly eyes.

Last thing, I added the antenna! Finished product!

When Charlotte woke up from her nap and had a snack, 
we started making her lady bug! She started painting her toilet paper roll.

She loved it!

Later, after her TP roll had dried, we added the rest of the parts. 
Here she is adding her wings.

She is adding her googly eyes!

The antenna were a little harder, but she helped.

She was so proud of her lady bug!

Mine is on the left and Charlotte's is on the right!


After Charlotte had painted her TP roll, she wanted to do more painting, so I got out the rest of the paint colors and the big paper and she had a blast! I even got her to use her hands after a little while. She had so much fun! I broke out the sponges I bought for her too.

One of her masterpieces!

Having fun painting her pictures!

Sponge painting

Loving the sponges!

Testing it out with her fingers.

This isn't too bad.

Getting into it some more!

Checking out her painted hand.

She was really getting into the finger painting!

That was our afternoon. I am hoping we have more like this! She loved painting!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I need to get some sponges too! I bet Gus would love using them!!

    ReplyDelete