Tuesday, July 31, 2012

OSV with Josh

This morning Charlotte had an appointment to get two vaccines we had missed previously. We have been using an alternative schedule for her vaccines since the beginning and delaying some we didn't feel were important at this time, but she may have at a later time. We have been following the alternative schedule in the Dr. Sears Vaccination Book. That seemed to fit with what we wanted and we have been happy with it. Our doctor has been very accommodating as well, which makes it so much easier. Anyway, back to the appointment.....There was barely anyone there when we got in and so Charlotte was showing off to the nurses with her walking (while holding my hands) and her new braces. They were making such a fuss over her and she was so proud of herself. They just love her there! She did really well with the 2 shots also. The nurses are great and if she needs 2, they will have 2 nurses in there and do them at the same time. No crying from Charlotte until it was over and then just a few tears, but we were able to distract her with getting a sticker.
After the appointment we headed out to Old Sturbridge Village again, only this time with Josh in tow. We got there and I was so excited to take some pictures and I realized I forgot my memory card for my camera. It was back at home still in my computer! Oh well.....we still had a great time. We walked around to the different houses and of course visited the animals with Charlotte. We ate lunch, walked a little more, and then headed out to get home for Charlotte's nap. It was a great morning. Charlotte spent almost 4 hours in her braces with no complaints or asking to take them off. Since we were out and about, it kept her distracted enough. We practiced walking while holding our hands a few times and she did awesome! She is really gaining confidence while wearing them.

Josh had to go home for his music lessons tonight, but him and his mom are coming back tomorrow to hang out and spend one more night with us. It's been so much fun having him here. After nap today, Charlotte and I were just relaxing. I was recovering from a yucky headache I had pretty much all day.

I took this picture of her vegging out in her braces while watching Curious George. I put baby legs on her since I couldn't find knee socks in her size. These work great because I can fold them down over the tops of her braces to cover the velcro and pad the tops of them as well. The velcro tend to rub against each other when she is walking and scooting. Tomorrow her physical therapist will see them for the first time. She was on vacation last week. She will be so excited to see how well Charlotte is doing with them! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment